lørdag den 7. august 2010

Forgetting about Frugalware - not worth the trouble

Have had a little to much trouble with the installation of Frugalware, I started looking for another distro with a simple design with no forced installation of X. I found Crux which have a very basic design and a very small iso.
What I have read about it so far is that there is only the installation of package you want, and that the package manager is based on the tar.gz format, which all in all sounds very good. Since I will run it on a small disc I feel that X is not needed, I would rather have some cool console than a boring X - and I really don't like to spend a lot of time setting up something in X I would rather spend that time writing on my book or the programs I am developing.

When it comes to finding a nice distro to try I usually use distrowatch.com I found crux through that. But I have found some other system I have used earlier.
such as gentoo, which I never felt all at home in, I liked slack just never settled down with that, probably should have, but I wanted to figure out something about a lot of other systems as well.
But I really hope Crux should be my way forward.

If not I might try to find an iso image for slack, not being to keen on building one myself, I would like it if you could direct me to one.

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar