fredag den 13. august 2010

Ratpoison the graphical "screen"

Hmm since I do not really wonna have a graphical environment this post isn't really something I feel that warm about, however I think it is worth to mention Ratpoison -> it is a good WM for laptops.
However there are also a lot of programs that works like screen, which just use a different set of keybindings.
And I do not really wonna go through all of them here.
I just feel that if I ever should take up a graphical environment it could be a good bet that I would probably choose Ratpoison (I don't like rats either :-)).

I must say I begin to wonder if I couldn't just use screen in X :-)
that would be a little nice as I would still get mainly text based apps but the ability to run apps I would like which require X would be there.
I might wonna bring my laptop into the linux world with a dualboot, just to try some of these crazy ideas.
As I use some websites I still need to find a way to use in a text only installation, also a flash installation would be nice as I sometimes happen to browse The Tube, but that is probably not so easy.
Well you might just wonna look into Ratpoison which I would probably end out using as graphical if I ever need that. (right now I am using a windows box.

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar