mandag den 9. august 2010

Perhaps LFS could be an interesting project ?

Well I feel that slackware is good for me, and I could probably be happy with that, but I would also like to do something a little more basic, as in bottom up installation, hence LinuxFromScratch.
I even got an ideal computer for the project, which might not be the fastest or even best, it is an old intel celeron 600Mhz (not precisely I just guess it is about that). Which I think could become a great machine for the installation, I have however not even got the livedisc from which I plan to run the installation from.

The nice thing about LFS is that you get to decide how the system are gonna be set up, I think that the debian package manager would be nice, so I will try to implement that as a tool in my installation - as it would lessen the maintainance of the system a little.
Well the reason for the installation ain't really for anything but getting through it and learning something along the way. Not becourse I need anything from that particular box.

I will probably write something else when I get the box up, or well I mean beginning the installation process, if you might want to do the same and you have a box standing at home. everything you need is on the http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/ website.
Good Luck if you begin.

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar